At the age of 24, Amanda was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). A debilitating incurable disease that renders its sufferers prone to paralysis, nerve damage, and in some cases blindness.
Amanda suffered a major MS attack in 2009 that left her paralysed down the entire left-hand side of her body. Unable to move, eat, walk or control her own body, Amanda was given only a 50% chance of ever walking again.
With no choice but to succeed, Amanda channelled her energy into a positive force. With a mountain of determination, the aid of eastern and western medicines, Amanda astounded everyone by not only walking unaided, but running again.
In 2013, Amanda founded Bend Like Bamboo, now one of Australia’s leading kinesiology practices, delivering programs designed to optimise health and resilience.
Today, Amanda dedicates her time to helping others rebuild their lives after illness, trauma, and stress; specialising in autoimmune disorders, the emotional links to disease & physical stress.
At her core, Amanda believes that renewal can be possible when the mind and body are given the right environment to repair.
- ACCM – Diploma Sports Kinesiology
- Psychotherapy Pranic Healing
- Advanced Pranic Healing
- Advanced SIPS Charles Krebs
- Anatomy & Physiology Kinesiology Charles Krebs
- Advanced Nutrition & Kinesiology
- Applied Nutrition and Human Metabolism
- AIK Professional Member
Your muscles are connected to your brain via the nervous system. These muscles form groups that are also connected to organs in your body. Kinesiology utilises the muscles and their connection to the subconscious part of the brain, to access programs and emotional states that are often out of your awareness.
90% of our biochemical processes stem from the subconscious part of the brain, which not only oversees involuntary actions like our breath and heart beat but also stores our memories and past experiences. It is from these memories and experiences that our core beliefs, thoughts, behaviours, personality, and habits are formed.
Utilising this tool to become aware of what is specifically blocking your path to repair, or your momentum, Bend Like Bamboo specialises in developing a personalised wellness plan which empowers you with the tools and information you need to gain long-lasting, life-changing results.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Are you going through change?
- Are you feeling anxious, depressed or stuck?
- Are you physically experiencing pain or inflammation?
- Are you lacking willpower or inspiration in your life?
Kinesiology can assist with:
- Promoting repair in the mind and body
- Building resilience in the face of setbacks or change
- Shifting sabotage patterns
- Anxiety, depression, stress
- Inflammation and pain